David M. Kalman, President
An innovator with 30 years in media, marketing, and technology, Dave Kalman helps publishers think like marketers, and vice versa. He is currently serving as a Co-Founder of Tapgift Network, Inc..
Dave’s expertise includes strategic planning, publishing management, marketing communications, sales management, editorial development, and content marketing.
Dave served on the Western Publishing Association (WPA) Board of Directors from 2004 to 2010.
Previously, Dave was a Group Publisher at CMP Media, where he launched and managed magazines, Websites, and events, including custom magazines and other branded media. Dave supervised editorial, production, marketing, audience development, advertising sales, and business management activities.
Before becoming a publisher, Dave was a prominent technology editor, author, application developer, and speaker. Kalman is noted as the:
- Founder of Intelligent Enterprise (IE) and the Intelligent Communities
- Founding Group Publisher of Transform Magazine
- Founder of CMP Media’s Business Intelligence Group, which included IE, Transform, IBM’s DB2 Magazine, and CMP’s Performance Management Conference (launched in partnership with Ventana Research)
- Editor-in-Chief and Editor-at-Large of DBMS Magazine and DBMS:Online
- Publisher of the Project:Database newsletter
- Editor-in-Chief of Data Based Advisor and VP/Magazine Operations at what is now Advisor Media.
- Technology marketing communications consultant
- Application software developer and author of books and articles on IT and media-related topics.
Dave began his media career in regional newspaper production.